Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Late Night Muse

My muse is a night owl.  She doesn't understand yet that I have a seven year old daughter who has to get up at 5:30 in the morning and requires her mother to instruct her to brush her teeth and remember to wear her shoes on the correct feet.  So why does she always visit after the sun goes down? 

The moon is high in the sky and I've been struggling to write a sentence that doesn't sound like a hillbillies shopping list when BAM inspiration.  Now pages are flowing, dialog is snappy and witty.  I feel confident!  But it is 12:30...1:00...1:34...2:00 am and my eyes are barely staying open.

The author in me says grab a red bull and some tape for my drooping eyelids and keep writing!  The mom in me is loathing the author as I will most likely hate pulling back the covers at 5 am and clawing my way awake.

So dear late night muse, thank you but can't we make an earlier appointment?  

No comments:

Post a Comment